Thursday, August 14, 2008

74 yo "Wrambling in the Woods and Climbing Deer Stand" 3 + yrs after spinal surgery

------ Forwarded Message
From: Marie
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 14:39:36 -0700 (PDT)
To: <DrHey>
Subject: my back

dear dr. hay,  and you are dear!  you promised me in 2005 i could wramble thru the wood and climb my deer stand.  i have and love every minute of it.  now i'm having radiation for breast cancer.  Im 74, will turn 75 christmas.  the coleman clinic and raab center seem to think i will benifit from yoga.  i went to a 40 mionute session yesterday.  but my back bothered me a little last night.  i dont want to mess up my back again.  im enjoying my 2 great grandchildren and another on the way too much.  and i promised nicholas the 6 year old to take him up the deer stand.
 
is yoga right for me or should i pass on it and just walk, walk, walk and then walk some more.  that was your advioce before, and it has really worked.
 
my surgery was may 25, 2005,  marie ______  newport, nc
                                             
please i need an answer from someone i really trust



It is always great to hear back from patients who are enjoying restored quality of life after surgery.
Whatever age, quality of life matters, and for each individual their goals for quality of life are as unique as each individual --- even grandma being able to climb up into deer stand with her grand-son and going for a walk through the woods!

Lloyd A. Hey, MD MS
http://www.heyclinic.com
Hey Clinic for Scoliosis and Spine Surgery
Raleigh, NC  USA

No comments: