Monday, August 11, 2008

FW: Bless you all! Special Postop Scoliosis Thanks from Nurse from Osprey, Florida

------ Forwarded Message
From: “Ginger”
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2008 20:21:40 -0400
To: Lloyd Hey <hey@heyclinic.com>
Subject: Bless you all!

Hi All,
    I just wanted to express my appreciation for all you have done to greatly improve the quality of my life.  I am a 64 year old nurse/counselor with 64 year old vertebrae that had hurt for a very long time prior to my surgery in Jan. 2008.  In 1972 I had a 2 level disc and fusion which worked well for a number of years.  As my scoliosis got worse the pain greatly increased so that I could not walk very far, swim, climb stairs or tap dance without extreme pain.  The first 10 days after the surgery were not memorable (thanks to the miracle of modern pharmacology).  After that it has been all uphill with less and less pain each day.  I was able to walk 2 miles in 6 weeks and  able to get back into the pool to exercise.  It is exquisite to be without pain.  The tap dancing will have to wait another 6 months for further healing.
    Bless you all for the skill and grace of your many talents

Ginger

No comments: