Friday, January 30, 2009

Mary's Back To Life Story After Scoliosis Surgery



Begin forwarded message:

From: Mary
Date: January 30, 2009 3:44:38 PM EST
To: "Dr. Lloyd Hey" 
Subject: Back to life story

In the 10 years before surgery I went to several neuro surgeons and pain clinics both in NJ and NC.   All agreed that my back was in poor shape, but there was nothing anyone could do.  I was literally told I'd have to learn to live with it.

The pain increased each year until by 2006 it was all I could do to take ten steps, hanging onto a rail or someone.  The pain became so severe that I would have to sit and rest.  My quality of life diminished to one of merely existing day to day.  I had just about given up hope when my primary care doctor asked me if I would go t o Raleigh and meet with Dr. Lloyd Hey and get his opinion.

My husband and I were thrilled with another chance at help.  We prayed about it
and said,"Yes" we'd go. When we met Dr. Hey we were m,ost impressed by his gentle, understanding manor and his overall sense of "Hope"  After over an hour
of explaining my x-rays and showing us what was causing my pain, he said it would require extensive surgery, but it was fixable.

I was so elated that he felt comfident he could reduce my pain level almost completely, that we prepared to have the surgery very soon.  It went very well.
Un fortunately I was only home about ten days when I fell-hence the second surgery.  At this time I've just had my one year check up and"Graduated" with flying colors.
I have had "NO"  back pain since my surgery. This has been a true miracle for me and my family.  

I am looking forward to my Spring gardening, which I hav't been able to do for the past three years.  I can now cook standing up, I can shop without having to stop every few minutes.  My craft projects are now back in full swing, and I
have a whole new outlook of hope for the rest of my life.

I cannot thank and praise Dr. Hey, Jaclyn, Brittany, his Pa's and his entire staff
for all they have done for me.

From the bottom of my heart, Thank You and God Blest all of You and I ask God to give you many more years to help others.
I'm sending in the back to life story and consent to use wherever

Mary Ellen C.


------------------------------
Lloyd A. Hey, MD MS
Hey Clinic for Scoliosis and Spine Surgery
Raleigh, NC  USA

Member, Scoliosis Research Society (SRS)  http://www.srs.org




No comments: