Sunday, January 24, 2010

FW: thank you. From Abigail, who helped me at Jared's on Christmas Eve!!

------ Forwarded Message
From: ABIGAIL
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 18:52:08 -0800 (PST)
To: Lloyd Hey
Subject: thank you

Hello Dr. Hey! I am sorry it has taken me a little time to get back with you, thank you for sending the picture from your visit to my store! It has been a just over two years since my first surgery and life is good! I thank God everyday that he brought you back into my life when I didn't even know I needed you. As a reminder our first meeting was back in 2003, when you were still at Duke, and you told me then I was going to need surgery. I thought that was too radical and there was no way my scoliosis was that bad! We then moved to northern Virginia and no one there was as interested in my back as you and I was consistently told I just needed physical therapy to stay healthy. Four years after our first meeting we met again by, what I thought, was an accident but later realized was by fate. From the moment I walked into the Hey Clinic I felt welcomed and comfortable. When I met with you I was shocked to realize we had talked before and you came to the same conclusion this time, I needed surgery. No one had paid any attention to the growing curves and neither had I. This time I listened and we scheduled my surgery. By the grace of your hands I was able to come out of surgery with an almost perfectly straight spine, amazing for my age and curvature degrees. Recuperation was not easy and took an unexpected turn at my three month post-op appointment, another surgery was necessary. Again, your hands took fabulous care of me and I had an amazing result. I would also like to thank everyone who assisted in both surgeries, including the hospital staff caring for me during my stays.
When I came to your office in September 2007, one of the main reasons for the visit was because my husband, Steve, and I were beginning to talk about having a family and needed to be sure my back was in good shape.

I wanted to thank you for your visit at Christmas and let you know what you have done for us. Thank you for being who you are and being so gifted with hands which change peoples lives everyday, you are one of God's true blessings. What I find most impressive is the fact that you remembered me, a patient you haven't seen since May, and my occupation and called upon me to help you with selecting something very important for your wife and daughter at such a wonderful time of year. That action was far beyond anything I have ever known or expected.
I hope all is well with you and your family and that the Hey Clinic is growing. Thank you again for everything.
Sincerely,
Abigail


---------------------
Dr. Lloyd Hey
Hey Clinic for Scoliosis and Spine Surgery

No comments: