Saturday, January 9, 2010

FW: Tips for 2010/grateful patient

I received this very encouraging email late in the day yesterday, from Sandra, a nurse practitioner who had surgery with us back in November, with a revision decompression and lumbo-sacral-iliac wing instrumentation and fusion.  She was quite debilitated preop, having trouble working and getting through the day.  Now she is doing much better, as she shares in the email, along with some good advice for 2010!
Dr. Lloyd Hey
Hey Clinic for Scoliosis and Spine Surgery
http://www.heyclinic.com

------ Forwarded Message
From: Sandra
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 15:14:46 -0500
To: Lloyd Hey <>
Subject: Fw: Tips for 2010/grateful patient

Hi Dr. Hey and everyone!  I wanted to thank you for all the wonderful care you gave me starting from the first e-mail I sent your office asking for help and through my spinal fusion.  I can honestly say that in the past 32 years in the medical profession I have never met a more devoted and dedicated physician, as well as physician assistants and all your committed office staff! I believe that God answered many of my prayers to find a physician like you to help me. (You were my 3rd surgical consult). You truly are a gift from God and the love of  God definitely shines through you! My surgery was 11/04/09 and I went back to work 12/21/09 (maybe a little early, but I had to get back to my clinic practice) and I have done fairly well-still healing and following my restrictions.  My stamina is not quite back as it once was, and I usually do better in the mornings, but  I feel fairly exhausted by the end of the day and have back discomfort,  though not debilitating as it was before surgery. I have adopted a  new goal for myself; "Failure is not an option"! Anyway, I wanted to send you something someone e-mailed me, "Tips for 2010".  I'll be seeing you for another check-up in February, and I will continue to send you referrals! Have a great New Year! Sandra  New Bern, N. C.

HANDBOOK 2010

Health:
1.       Drink plenty of water.
2.       Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince and dinner like a beggar.
3.       Eat more foods that grow on trees and plants and eat less food that is manufactured in plants..
4.       Live with the 3 E's -- Energy, Enthusiasm and Empathy
5.       Make time to pray.
6.       Play more games
7.       Read more books than you did in 2009 .
8.       Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day
9.       Sleep for 7 hours.
10.    Take a 10-30 minutes walk daily. And while you walk, smile.

Personality:
11.    Don't compare your life to others. You have no idea what their journey is all about.
12.    Don't have negative thoughts or things you cannot control. Instead invest your energy in the positive present moment.
13.    Don't over do. Keep your limits.
14.    Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
15.    Don't waste your precious energy on gossip.
16.    Dream more while you are awake
17.    Envy is a waste of time. You already have all you need..
18.    Forget issues of the past. Don't remind your partner with His/her mistakes of the past. That will ruin your present happiness.
19.    Life is too short to waste time hating anyone. Don't hate others.
20.    Make peace with your past so it won't spoil the present.
21.    No one is in charge of your happiness except you.
22.    Realize that life is a school and you are here to learn.  Problems are simply part of the curriculum that appear and fade away like algebra class but the lessons you learn will last a lifetime.
23.    Smile and laugh more.
24.    You don't have to win every argument. Agree to disagree...

Society:
25.    Call your family often.
26.    Each day give something good to others.
27.    Forgive everyone for everything.
28.    Spend time w/ people over the age of 70 & under the age of  6.
29.    Try to make at least three people smile each day.
30.    What other people think of you is none of your business.
31.    Your job won't take care of you when you are sick. Your friends will. Stay in touch.

Life:
32.    Do the right thing!
33.    Get rid of anything that isn't useful, beautiful or joyful.
34.    GOD heals everything.
35.    However good or bad a situation is, it will change..
36.    No matter how you feel, get up, dress up and show up.
37.    The best is yet to come..
38.    When you awake alive in the morning, thank GOD for it.
39.    Your Inner most is always happy. So, be happy.

Last but not the least:
40.    Please Forward this to everyone you care about, I just did.

No comments: