Sunday, October 30, 2011

NOT ashamed of her body and scar in wedding dress after scoliosis surgery

From: J
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2011 15:09:16 -0700

Dear Dr. Hey,

Many thanks for your help. I look forward to connecting with Dr. Berven.

On a separate note, I wanted to thank you for allowing me to feel confident in my low-back wedding dress. Prior to coming to you, I would have never selected a similar cut because of my scoliosis. Your successful surgery and the extra time you took to give me a careful closure allow me to show my back with pride. I now wear the minimal scar proudly as evidence that I made a decision to improve my back and refuse to feel ashamed of my body. What a wonderful feeling of empowerment.

Thank you again.

Best regards,
J
----------
Absolutely! I actually asked my photographer to take a picture of my back to show the minimal scar to share with you all. I would be happy to send it your way up accompany the short blurb.

The extra time you take, from consult, through surgery, and to follow-up, meant the world to me and my family. I am certain the confidence I had from your staff going into the surgery allowed for a smoother recovery. Thanks again.

Best,
J

On Oct 30, 2011, at 5:40 PM, Lloyd Hey wrote:

You will really like Dr. Berven. We worked together at Boston Children’s and Harvard Combined Orthopaedic Residency Program many years ago.....

That’s awesome Jessie! You made my day!

No comments: