Sunday, January 15, 2012

Comment from adolescent scoliosis young lady from Florida


I got this comment from "T Bass" from Florida.



t.bass has left a new comment on your post "14 young lady with adolescent idiopathic scoliosis...":

Hi I had a couple questions about scoliosis surgery and I don't really.know how this blog thing works but yeah I am 13 and have been informed that I need surgery on my back I was just told Thursday but the guy could not tell me much cause he was not a surgeon I have started a blog on my scoliosis because my dad recomdemed that I should. Is there anythings I should know about it how long would it take to heal what would I be capable of doing after. Well thanks :)

Dear T Bass,
Thanks for your blog comment! It is good to reach out for people to talk to about your possible scoliosis surgery. If you drop me a message through our "CONTACT US" button at http://www.heyclinic.com, we could possibly talk over the phone with you and your folks if it is ok with your parents. I do this sometimes over Skype with out of town people, which is sorta fun. You could then write up your questions and answers and could post them on your blog. Obviously, my comments will have to be fairly general without seeing you and your x-rays.

It is important to talk to your doctor and/or his/her nurse about the specifics of your surgery, and recovery. However, there is also great information on the Scoliosis Research Foundation (http://www.srs.org) website.

Take care!

Dr. Lloyd Hey
Hey Clinic for Scoliosis and Spine Surgery
http://www.heyclinic.com
Raleigh, NC

No comments: