Friday, October 3, 2014

Cornell University's PreMed Lecture: Phi Delta Epsilon on "Finding and Maintaining Joy and Idealism in the Journey through Medicine"



Yesterday evening, my wife Lori and I were the invited guests for Cornell University Phi Delta Episolon's PreMed Lecture, where I spoke on:

"Finding and Maintaining Joy and Idealism in the Journey through Medicine"

We had a wonderful group of students there, who all participated in the discussion, starting with my first question:  "What are the top three character traits you find in a great physician?"

There was general agreement with the first 3 ones offered:
1.  Empathy/Compassion
2.  Resilience - don't give up
3.  Innovation and Learning


We had about 15 students come up to talk to Lori and I after the talk, and share how the talk moved them to consider how they can build a foundation for compassion during their college pre-med years.  

I appreciate everyone coming out for the talk
More later.
Dr. Lloyd Hey
Hey Clinic for Scoliosis and Spine Surgery
http://www.heyclinic.com

No comments: