Monday, May 3, 2010

FW: Eric, 37 yo gentleman w/ flatback (flat back) syndrome from Kentucky sends thankful email 7.5 months after surgery at Hey Clinic

I received this encouraging email from Eric, who travelled all the way from Kentucky to get his flat back fixed by our Hey Clinic team at Duke Health Raleigh.  Thanksgivings like this, especially at the end of a long day in the operating room and clinic really are an encouragement to me and our team, Eric.   Thanks for taking the time to share.
Dr. Hey
----------------------
On 5/3/09 5:24 PM, "ERIK " <ERIK---------> wrote:

Hello Dr. Hey,

I was just thinking it's been seven and a half months since you operated on to fix my flatback.  The difference in my life is amazing.  I love to walk now,  because I can.  I stand up at work more than I sit now, because I can.  I spent the last 15 years taking narcotic pain meds everyday and now I take Aleve twice a day instead.  Knowing I feel this good so soon after surgery I can only imagine how it will be once I've completely healed.  So I'd like to just say Thank You from the bottom of my heart.  I would say that you'll never really know the difference you've made in my life, but after helping so many others I'm sure that you do.

God Bless You,

Erik _______


His original Hey Clinic Blogs can be seen at:
 http://drlloydhey.blogspot.com/2009/09/36-yo-gentleman-from-kentucky-sp.html
And
http://drlloydhey.blogspot.com/2009/09/back-to-my-old-self-standing-3-inches.html


Dr. Lloyd Hey
Hey Clinic for Scoliosis and Spine Surgery
http://www.heyclinic.com


No comments: