Monday, August 19, 2013

This past Friday at Hey Clinic --- 5 Hey Clinic guest families across the full age spectrum share their life stories on video.

After a nice couple of weeks off, last week I was back to work in the operating room in scoliosis surgery for adolescents and adults, and back to clinic as well next door at Hey Clinic.  I brought my new little camera and tripod with me into clinic this past Friday, and had some of our Hey Clinic guest families coming back for follow-up after scoliosis and kyphosis surgery who were willing to tell their story.  Wow!  I was blown away by what I learned from listening to their stories, and here they are for you to hear and see.  One of the cool things about our clinic is that we truly see the full age spectrum of spinal deformity, with literally moms with newborns/infants bringing in their kids in their laps, through the
small children with early onset scoliosis (see Maggie and her mom Lisa's video above in the red T-Shirts!) and congenital scoliosis, up through the MANY adolescents, then college/young adults and finally the adult groups.  Here are the several videos that I made, and figured out how to upload to YouTube and now share with you.  I even set up a YouTube Hey Clinic "Channel" -- woo hoo!  If you have any suggestions on how to do this better, let me know... I am open to suggestions.

Thanks to all the families who chose to share their stories. 
Dr. Lloyd Hey, Hey Clinic for Scoliosis and Spine Surgery.  
http://www.heyclinic.com


13 yo Rachel 6 weeks after adolescent idiopathic scoliosis surgery returns to dance! 


David, Princeton Junior from Winston-Salem, NC shares his scoliosis story 



Mom tells her adolescent scoliosis journey, and her adolescent son's as well! 


Kate, from Hartford, CT tells her 30+ year journey with adolescent scoliosis through adulthood 



No comments: