Thursday, October 30, 2008

Harrington Rod Flat Back Syndrome Success Story from Julie from South Carolina

Dear Dr. Hey,                                                       Oct.  2008

          I am sorry it has taken me so long to write to you, but I having been too busy enjoying life for the first time in 6 years. I no longer only see my feet and the ground for fear of falling down. Now, when I look outside I see the world because I’m not looking down anymore.
          You have not only given me my life back, but I have been a totally different person since I have returned from Raleigh. I am now a Christian as well as a normal person now. You truly are an instrument of God and exactly where you need to be in this world. You have no idea what you do for people. I have never been in the hospital and felt so calm and at peace than I was as with you as my Doctor. You prayed with me everyday and made sure that I knew that you and God were with me every step of the way. I thank you so much for that.
          My child is so excited because even now this close after a major surgery I can already be the mom he has never had. I am doing more, going more places, and I have never had so many complements from friends and family. I can’t wait to see what is to come for me, I’m very excited.
           I do realize I have a way to go but I feel like it just can’t get much better. My family will always be indebted to you forever and will always be here if you ever need anything. You will always be in my thoughts and prayers.
 
 
In His Name,
 
Julie
Wellford, S.C.

1 comment:

crthornton said...

Hi,

My name is Jackie I am 33 years old. I had back surgery in 1988 for scolosis. Since then I had removal of Harrington rod in 1997, 2000 hernaited disk, in July 2007 removal of all hardware which led to an infection. In August 2007 in had 2 back surgeries to treat the infection. I have just been diagnosed with flat back syndrome. My doctor tells me that my spinal alignment is off by 10 cc or mm not sure. Is this severe enough to have surgery?