Monday, April 12, 2010

Erica, Young Adult 3 years post-op from Lumbar scoliosis surgery -- doing great, finished running 14.5 mile run!

From: Erica
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 14:36:17 -0400
To: Lloyd Hey <>
Subject: 3 years post-op

Dr. Hey,
 
I hope all is well with you!  It has been a little over three years since you corrected my scoliosis and fused L4-T12.  My husband, Shawn, and I just moved back to Durham from Connecticut this past Fall after being up there for about three years.
 
I crossed the finish line in a 14.5 mile trail run at Pilot Mountain this Saturday and I immediately thought of you.  I’ve never been in as good of shape or felt better than I do right now.  No back pain whatsoever.  I’ve run three races so far this year (5k, 10k and the 14.5 mile trail run) – hopefully my next big accomplishment will be getting pregnant!  :)
 
I referred my friend’s father, John H_____, to you a year or so ago.  I ran into him a few days ago, and he said that they exercises you gave him and the physical therapy he has received from Matt Roman has made such a difference.    My father, Tim, is still doing well after his surgery.  I just wanted you to know that I still think of you from time to time and am so grateful we were connected.  
 
Warmest Regards,
 
Erica

No comments: