Thursday, May 31, 2012

Emory sends "Thank You" for her kyphosis surgery and pictures to share hiking!


 One of the questions many of our athletic younger patients ask us is this:  "Can I return to an active, athletic outdoor lifestyle and sports after scoliosis / kyphosis deformity surgery?"

Well, I received nice email below a couple weeks ago from Emory, who would answer this question "YES!"

I had helped back in October 2008 (3.5 years ago) with an instrumentation and fusion and osteotomies for her severe kyphosis around age 40.   She said it was AOK to share her recent email and photos with all of you.  Enjoy!

DR. LLOYD HEY -- HEY CLINIC --- HTTP://WWW.HEYCLINIC.COM
-----------------
On Fri, May 11, 2012 at 7:53 PM, wrote:
Dear Dr. Hey,


I hope this finds you and your staff well. I recently had someone ask how long ago my fusion was performed and I realized how quickly the three plus years have passed.


I wanted to thank you again for the wonderful care and fantastic surgical outcome. When I tell folks I am fused from T2 to L1, they often have many questions. When I share I am virtually pain free, they are speechless.






Many years ago, as my kyphosis got worse, I gave up my love of hiking and backpacking. It was too painful to hike let alone carry a 35lb pack for miles. I am thrilled to share some recent pics. My long term goal is to thru hike the AT or the Pacific Crest Trail.


Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!


Frances







No comments: