Sunday, June 17, 2012

Fwd: 3 years in July. Sailing around the Caribbean after Major Scoliosis Surgery


From: "Pat 
Subject: 3 years in July
Date: June 16, 2012 8:19:05 PM EDT
To: "'Lloyd Hey'" <>

Hi Dr. Hey, just thought I would let you know that I just returned from a 10 day vacation in the British Virgin Islands………….we spent 5 days on a 51' catamaran sailing boat. I was a bit nervous at first……………….but I did so well…..balancing on the boat….moving all around. We went snorkeling and climbing on rocks. The only problem I had was getting back into the dinghy after snorkeling! But it went just fine! Lots and lots of laughing. I would love for anyone considering this surgery to know that there is life after surgery even at my age!!! I turn 59 on July 14 (exactly 3 years after my surgery) There really isn't anything I can't do. Thank you again for giving me a full life!!! Pat 




No comments: