Sunday, November 17, 2013

Will scoliosis surgery make my quality of life better or worse? Will I ever be able take long walks and enjoy family again? Or will it be the biggest mistake I have ever made and regret it? Andrea tells her story 2 months postop.

Every Thursday morning at Hey Clinic, we gather as a team to discuss upcoming surgery guests, and work on ways to continue to improve quality of care.  One of the things we do is share thank you cards that are sent to our clinic staff each week. Below is a note that we received on November 5th from Andrea:

Here is the text of what is written above:
"November 5, 2013
Dear Dr. Hey and all of your staff at the Hey Clinic,
I will never be able to express how thankful I am for all that you have done for me.  My life has changed for the better and I'm only 2 months out from my surgery (8/29/2013)  I took my 3 year old granddaughter to the zoo last weekend and walked around for 2 and 1/2 hours!  Before my surgery my legs would have gone totally numb after only 5 MINUTES!  I've been so excited just thinking of places I want to go that requires walking -- places I avoided for many years.  God has truly blessed you with the ability to help so many people.  I'm so grateful that I found you and your staff.  Everyone is always so compassionate and understanding.  Everyone is amazed at the difference in me and I am so very thankful.   --- Andrea J"



Dr. Lloyd Hey -- Hey Clinic for Scoliosis and Spine Surgery.  http://www.heyclinic.com

No comments: