Thursday, August 7, 2008

"Candy" - lordosis curvature 22 yo scoliosis emails us with good report 6 days postop

From: _______________ Candice  [mailto:___

Sent: Wednesday, August 06, 2008 5:00 PM
To: Tiffany Whitehorn
Subject: RE:Your picture with Dr. Hey

 

Hi Tiffany,

 

Thanks so much for emailing me the pics!  I'm feeling great without the meds.  The side effects from the medicine were more painful than my actual back pain, so I decreased my dosage alot.  Here's a little blog you could forward to Dr. Hey for the website.  Thank so much again!

 

Dr. Hey and his wonderful staff performed surgery from T5-L1 and corrected my lordosis which is an inward curvature of the spine 6 days ago. I would like to thank them for making me feel so comfortable during my surgery & stay at the hospital. Dr. Hey is not only an extremely skilled surgeon, he is also greatly invested in his patients' medical well-being as well as quality of life. I could not be any happpier with the outcome of my surgery, and it's only been less than a week! I look forward to seeing all the changes of my body in the next few months. Thank you Dr. Hey, PAs, Nurses and staff for everything you have done! I look forward to seeing you all at my post-op appointment!

With love & thanks,
Candice ____________

Graduate Student Clinician

Communication Sciences & Disorders

Graduate Assistant for the CAHS Dean's Office

Chair of the Student Leaders' Council

____________ University Health Sciences Building

 

1 comment:

Meghan said...

Dr. Hey,
Your blog is wonderful! I do have a question for you. I had a 56 degree curve and decided to have surgery at age 20. I had anterior spinal fusion with stainless steel hardware in 2003. My breast have always been large, but have continued to increased in size to a 34 G. I have gained weight in general as well. I would like to exercise more but it is more challenging with larger breast. Do you have an opinion the extra weight of my breast on my back? Would I benefit from a reduction?