Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Encouraging note from West Virginia a few days after revision decompression surgery with excellent relief.

------ Forwarded Message
From: Pauline
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 09:36:47 -0700 (PDT)
To: Lloyd Hey <>

Hi Dr. Hey,
  
Just a note to let you know we made a very uneventful trip home.  I was pretty tired but other than that I WAS WONDERFUL.  We wanted to tell you and Jacqi bye before we left but thought you were probably in surgery.  So, I chose to do it this way.
  
I can't thank you enough for being so kind to me when I kept telling you the pain was much worse.  Your kindness, patience, and encouragement was far beyond belief.  (I have never experienced this with any other M.D. who was in charge of caring for my back.)  Each time I contacted you by e-mail, phone, etc., you kept telling me you would stand by me in this.  I am sorry ... I know I was a royal pain and each time I contacted you, I thought "Dr. Hey is gonna get tired of hearing this time after time" but you WERE there for me.  You are a special person in addition to being a wonderful, competent, and persistent physician.  I know Monday was a long day for you.  I know you get tired, too.  I guess my husband and I are gonna have to bring you, your wife and children to WV for a week or two of rest!  Here in WV we could hide you and allow you to get some rest.  
  
I had to take a break from the computer because sitting is not on my list of things I can do comfortably.  Will see you on 10/23 for followup.  
  
PLEASE, TAKE CARE,
  
Pauline A.
  

------ End of Forwarded Message

No comments: