Friday, January 30, 2009

McKenzie Day #1 Postop: Doing great. McKenzie's mom, Pam, asks for "Before/After" Photos to get put on Blog!



Today was McKenzie’s first day after surgery. She did very well last night, and looked quite good this morning on our morning rounds at 7am.
When I came by on late afternoon rounds, her nurse grabbed me and told me that McKenzie was cruising up and down the halls and back again, with her two grandpas on either arm guiding her along.
McKenzie’s mom, Pam, asked if I had a chance to post the “before/after” X-Rays on the blog yet, since she was eager to share those pictures with family that are out of town, and across the country. I admitted that my little laptop was quite “sick”, including my iPhoto Library, but I would make a special effort to get them up there this evening, one way or another.

Well, as requested by Pam, here are the before-after pics for McKenzie, who was showing off her new posture without the big rib hump to the whole Duke Raleigh Orthopaedic Floor and her many family members!

You look great McKenzie!

If all continues to go well, McKenzie should be heading home tomorrow after 2 nights with us in the hospital.

Dr. Lloyd Hey
http://www.heyclinic.com
Hey Clinic for Scoliosis and Spine Surgery
Raleigh, NC USA
Member, Scoliosis Research Society (HTTP://WWW.SRS.ORG)

No comments: