Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Re: Update from MIT student who "shadowed" 6 years ago now in medical school.

Zach,
I do remember you!
What an encouragement to hear about your journey!
Give my best to your folks, and keep me posted on your career developments.
While the journey to become a surgeon is a long one, I can tell you confidently after almost 15 years of practice and 6,000 surgeries, and thousands and thousands of guest visits that it is definitely a journey that can help make a big difference in the lives of many.

Thanks for taking a minute to share.

Sincerely,

Dr. Lloyd Hey
Hey Clinic for Scoliosis and Spine Surgery
http://www.heyclinic.com

----------------------------------

On 1/5/10 4:36 PM, "Zachr" <> wrote:

Hi Dr. Hey,

Not sure if you remember me, but maybe this will help ring a bell: I shadowed you 6 years ago while I was still an undergraduate student at MIT. Recently, my sister, Jordan Brewer, a recent graduate of UPenn, also shadowed one of your PA's in your clinic. You also operated on my grandmother, Marie Meacham's back and still continue to see her. I just wanted to give you a brief update of my life. I am currently a third year medical student at Vanderbilt Medical School, 
and am half way done with the year, having already completed my medicine and surgery clerkships. Next up for me is pediatrics. Even though I have half of the year left, all of my classmates are beginning to think about residency. As of right now, I am strongly considering general surgery, with an interest in cardiothoracic surgery. I wanted to sincerely thank you for your guidance and tutelage during those few weeks. You most certainly helped spawn my interest in surgery. You may have sparked an interest in my sister as well. Having a significant impact on three members of my family certainly warrants my thanks. I really appreciate all that you did. Thanks again and keep in touch.

No comments: