Thursday, May 23, 2013

14 yo Rachel back for her 1 year postop visit after straightening her thoracolumbar scoliosis


I just finished seeing Rachel and her mom Jodi at Hey Clinic for Rachel's 1 year postop visit for straightening up her thoracolumbar adolescent idiopathic scoliosis.  She is doing just great, and loves her new posture.  Her before and after X-Rays are shown on the left here.

She then gave me a really gorgeous small wooden box wrapped in a fancy bow as a gift. I opened it up and found a gorgeous pen inside, made out of Bethlehem Olive Wood, hand made by her grandfather!!  I have deep appreciation for wood work, since I used to do a lot of wood work growing up, including antique boat restoration with varnish, etc.

Wow, what a gorgeous pen, and fine handiwork!!! Many thanks Grandpa S for your wonderful gift through Rachel and her family!  -- Dr. Lloyd Hey, Hey Clinic for Scoliosis and Spine Surgery

 

No comments: