Friday, May 10, 2013






We had a very busy, but very happy clinic all day today, seeing a bunch of the teenagers back after scoliosis surgery.  Katherine asked to have a picture with me today at her 6 week postop.  She is totally psyched about her new posture.  She had a bunch of questions, and I made a point to answer all of them.  It was pretty funny... she would ask a question, then say "Just one more question.".... which would be followed by  "Wait...Just one more question..."   --- I think I counted 4 or 5 of those questions!! No big deal -- we had budgeted plenty of time for her visit, and her questions were all awesome and appropriate.  I was glad to hear that she is stoked about her new posture, and that she's going to the prom this coming week!  Not bad for a young lady who had a double thoracic scoliosis surgery a few weeks ago.  You go girl!

Katherine wanted to take one serious photo together, and then one silly picture together with her postop X-Ray up on the screen.  I've had MANY patients want to have their photos taken with me and their X-Rays over my last 19 years of practice, and almost 6000 surgeries.... but today was a first --- being asked to do a "silly picture" with one of my postop adolescent scoliosis patients!  Well, as you can see I did my best.... as a pretty serious scoliosis surgeon and engineer, "silly pictures" where never really a part of my vocabulary or experience!

Katherine's mom sent me this photo late this afternoon. Thanks Denise for sending the picture and the nice note!  Dr. Hey

Hi Dr. Hey, 

We really enjoyed seeing you today and we really appreciate all that you and your team have done for us! You're right, Katie has come a long way in just 6 weeks!  Thank you for your brilliance, kindness, and wonderful care. 

Best Regards, Denise

PS. Katie wants me to send you the funny picture - I'll do that in a sec!   Denise

----------------------------------------
Hey Clinic for Scoliosis and Spine Surgery --- http://www.heyclinic.com

No comments: