Thursday, February 25, 2010

FW: Thursday. Charlene gives us an update on her recovery after adult / adolescent scoliosis surgery recovery

----- Forwarded Message
From: CHARLENE
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 16:55:47 -0500
To: Lloyd Hey <h>
Subject: Thursday

Hi Dr. Hey!
We are all staying in touch with your blog! Hope you had some sunshiny weather while in Orlando.
We live in FL so we enjoy the sunshine. Anyhow, many things I want to share but will make this one brief.  I feel much better than I did after my surgery on February 9th.  My dear friend Chris shared the day with me today and I
mentioned that I can sleep with the mattress flat instead of upright as we have an adjustable memory foam bed because of complications from the scoliosis.  I cannot tell you the last time I slept flat but know it has been years. I got somewhat emotional with joy when I shared with her today and she said I should share with you.  Small steps each day & giving praise to our Lord.  Walking around the house & on the driveway with friends, family at least twice a day. I will when I feel up to it share my testimony some day soon but until then I want to THANK YOU so VERY much for your help and willingness to take on my degree of scoliosis.  You are amazing, peaceful & an optimistic man.  I thank God every day.  Each day is a gift to be cherished.
My family and I are forever a part of the Hey Family and we are looking forward to seeing you all again.  Also would love to own/buy Hey Clinic
t-shirts to add to our wardrobe. I'd wear one very day!  Again thank you to you, your family and staff. AMAZING!!!  
Forever grateful,
Charlene



------ End of Forwarded Message

No comments: