Monday, November 28, 2011

CAN I RUN AFTER ADOLESCENT / ADULT SCOLIOSIS SURGERY? ANSWER: YES! AND WIN!! FW: 1st Place in Thanksgiving 5k 45-49 Females!

From: M
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 21:27:29 -0500
To: Lloyd Hey <>
Subject: Re: 1st Place in Thanksgiving 5k 45-49 Females!

Hahaha! I feel like 34! You're so sweet! By the way, last time you referred to me as "M" on your blog- so let's stay with that for now.
Thanks Dr. Hey! I am so proud!
M

Connected by DROID on Verizon Wireless
-----Original message-----
From: Lloyd Hey <hey@heyclinic.com>
To: M
Sent: Tue, Nov 29, 2011 02:18:26 GMT+00:00
Subject: Re: 1st Place in Thanksgiving 5k 45-49 Females!

M,
This is awesome news!
Congratulations!!!

I will put this on blog tonight.

Only one questions: --- why were you allowed to run in the 45-49 yo group when you are only 34?
:)

Dr. Hey



From: M
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2011 08:39:21 -0500
To: Lloyd Hey <>
Subject: RE: 1st Place in Thanksgiving 5k 45-49 Females!

Good Morning Dr. Hey!

I hope your Thanksgiving was great and you enjoyed precious time with your family. Well I wanted to pass along another first place run on Thanksgiving day in Raleigh for “Just Think First” 5K.

Stats:
· 1st Place in Females 45-49—1st/ 29 in class-Time- 25:19!

· 22/244 females overall

· 90/440 runners males and females

· 22/244 females overall

I am so thankful! I actually run faster after my surgery!
J…I think you made me the “bionic woman”!!!

Many blessings Dr. Hey
J
M



------ End of Forwarded Message


--- “M” has shared with us before --- she really does look 34, and continues to do well after having her adolescent idiopathic scoliosis fixed when she was in her 40’s. It’s cool when we see our adolescent patients going back to sports/training within the first few weeks/months after kyphosis and scoliosis surgery, but it is also amazing what a lot of our adult patients do as well. The self-image / posture improvement experienced by these younger adult patients is also a real kick, since many of them have been self-conscious about their posture for a long time. The patient I saw originally from Chicago last week, who I fixed her kyphosis years ago told me it totally changed her outlook and confidence.

Hope you all had a good Thanksgiving. I did, thankfully, with family. Good break with beautiful weather. Today did very complex revision scoliosis this morning, and an extension fusion for proximal junctional kyphosis on a nurse from South Carolina. Both surgeries went well, but was a long day. Big anterior / posterior tomorrow am, so time for bed!

Dr. Lloyd Hey
Hey Clinic for Scoliosis and Spine Surgery.
http://www.heyclinic.com

No comments: