Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Fwd: Natalie...a giant thank you!!

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jackie 
Date: Mon, Feb 24, 2014 at 10:10 PM
Subject: Natalie...a giant thank you!!
To: Dr. Lloyd Hey Hey

Dear Dr. Hey,

What a difference just 6 weeks can make after spinal surgery!!

My husband and I are so grateful to you, your staff and the nurses at Duke Raleigh Hospital.  This has been both a physically and emotionally exhausting journey for Natalie, as well as our selves.  Watching and caring for our daughter throughout this complex surgery and recovery has been trying, yet has strengthened our faith and brought our family closer.  I truly believe that we were led to relocate here to North Carolina this year from Oregon to have the opportunity for our daughter to be under your very gifted, precise, experienced care.  We could not have imagined being in any other physician's hands.  And we sincerely appreciate your compassionate attitude and speedy deliverance of information and help to all of us throughout this process.

Thank you, thank you Dr. Hey!!

Natalie has her 7 week post op appointment this Friday and is looking forward to seeing you again.  I am attaching a picture of Natalie this past weekend, just 6 weeks post op and looking amazing as she heads out to her 8th grade winter formal.  She felt so beautiful and thankful for her incredible new posture.  Everyone took note of it!!

I will not be able to join my husband and Natalie this Friday, so I wanted the opportunity to express my personal feelings to you.  I thank the Lord everyday as I see her up and walking and beginning to feel freedom to move without pain.  She is off all pain relievers, including Tylenol, which is simply wonderful. 

Thank you and God bless!!

Jackie

-----------------------------------------------------------
Lloyd A. Hey, MD MS
Hey Clinic for Scoliosis and Spine Surgery
http://www.heyclinic.com

No comments: