Thursday, May 15, 2014

Hannah, 5 years after 53 degree scoliosis surgery with new blog and thankful for better quality of life and posture.

www.scoliotastic.blogspot.com has left a new comment on your post "Word for the day: "Beautiful":

Dear Dr. Hey,

It has been 5 years today since I had my surgery. I am feeling more grateful than ever for you and your amazing team. You truly changed my life.

God Bless,
Mary Hannah


Below is a copy of Mary Hannah's blog following her surgical recovery over the past five years. 



"Today marks five years since I had my scoliosis surgery.  I am eternally grateful to Dr. Hey and his team for their incredible work.  Most days, I don't even remember that I had the surgery.  I am reminded only by the faint scar on my back, by minor pain when I sit in church pews since they simply hit my back in the wrong place, and by metal detectors in airports. Otherwise, I am fully functional.

I walked four miles today.  Five years ago, I could not even walk to classes at Duke a few hundred yards from my dorm without experiencing excruciating pain and terrible shortness of breath.  My experience has been truly amazing, and I thank God every day that I have been given the opportunity to live as I live now.  I am so incredibly blessed."


No comments: