Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Advice from my mom for our older guests with stenosis: folding grocery cart.

------ Forwarded Message
From: June
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 10:43:48 -0400
To: Lloyd Hey
Subject: New cart I have found helpful.

My husband and I recently moved to a Retirement Community.  We were
fortunate to find an apartment in the newest building because the
residents are younger. The lifting and bending involved with the move
aggravated my low back pain, so I ordered a folding grocery cart to
decrease the amount of carrying.  That slight tilt forward as I lean
on the handle makes walking comfortable.  Dr. Hey says it decreases
pressure on spinal nerves.  Now I use it most of the time for long
walks to the elevator, trash room and garage.

For those of you not willing to "look old," I recommend this as an
alternative to using a walker.  It is also more versatile since it
eliminates carrying packages.

June Hey

------ End of Forwarded Message

The other thing my mom is an expert on is water aerobics.
We’ll get her to write up her experience over past 15+ years.
My mom is working on finding picture of this special cart she found so we can add it to this blog.


Dr. Lloyd Hey
http://www.heyclinic.com

No comments: