Thursday, September 6, 2007

Emily's thoughts a few years after revision scoliosis surgery and recent wedding!




Hi Dr. Hey!

Just passing on some pictures from my wedding and honeymoon this past May. The last one is my favorite because it shows my back that is beautiful thanks to you! (And I added the last one of me holding my, then, fiance Doug on my back at Thanksgiving!)

Thank you for the work you do. You mean so much to so so many of us.

Sincerely,
Emily ____ ______

PS. For your blog:
Life after my second spinal fusion is...fantastic. The confidence boost that I received from my straightened back changed my life. I went from depressed about my deformed body to proud of its beauty. Three years later, I can say with 100% certainty that it was all worth it. My spinal fusion doesn't slow me down in any way. Since surgery I've taken up running, something I never thought I'd be able to do. I'm training for a half marathon early next year with my new husband. My job as a nanny has me constantly rough housing and picking up a three year old girl and a two year old boy. I never even think about my back in those cases- I feel totally normal and like I can do anything. When I met my husband 18 months ago, he was highly attracted to my confidence, partially displayed in how straight I stood. I told him later that I couldn't help how straight I stood. We had a good laugh about it and I remembered all I'd gone through to gain that confidence. Thank you Dr. Hey.

Emily _____ _______
____________________________

Dr. Lloyd Hey
Hey Clinic for Scoliosis and Spine Surgery
http://www.HeyClinic.com

No comments: